Yesterday, I had the privilege of speaking at the third edition of the Ten Times Better Summit.
It was organized by an exceptional young man called Seun Salami, founder of Vine Media.
The theme was STICK.ABILITY…interesting!
Other speakers scheduled to speak were Fela Durotoye, Kunle Ayoola (Soul Snatcha of RoofTop MCs) and Toyosi Akerele of RISE.
We had a most fulfilling time and I’m so glad I was a part of it.
I shared a couple of insights and I was delighted to see the faces of those precious young people glow with renewed passion and enthusiasm.
Here are a few points from my presentation that you might find interesting:
- One of the challenges that you must overcome as a young person is impatience.Many young people are not willing to take the heat and the pressure required for their transformation.
- One of the reasons Nigeria hasn’t gone as far as she should go is that we consume resources in the short term that we ought to invest for the long term.
- You can’t have the pleasure of the promise if you don’t endure the pain of the process.
- Concentration is key:Become so focused till your distraction becomes distracted by your focus.
- You shouldn’t keep consulting those who know so much about your past and so little about your future otherwise you will repeat certain patterns you ought to break and your future will be a duplication of your past.
- The most read authors are not necessarily the best authors, they are the bestselling authors.
- People perish, not for lack of talent or skill but for lack of knowledge.
- You are a walking, talking bag of seeds.Sow them.Grow them.
- Don’t just SOW YOUR SEEDS, GROW YOUR SEEDS.
- It’s time to turn that bright idea into a fantastic proposal.
- Hall of your victory is in showing up.Learn to participate.
- If your hands are on it, people will join you in it.
- Learn to verbalize your dreams because a potential partner or sponsor might just be listening.
I hope learned a few things.
Be kind enough to leave a comment or a question, if you have one.