I haven’t still recovered from the business seminar I attended two weeks ago where Dr.Cosmas Maduka, the CEO of Coscharis Group spoke.
He shared from his wealth of experience.One of the things he taught was how to become a conglomerate.
Here are ten points he shared …
- Pick and remain focused on a business you understand well.
- Thoroughly understand your market.
- Look for and hire professional managers.
- Put in place strong financial and administrative controls.
- Constantly research the market to continue the relevance of your product.
- Do not spend money unnecessarily on office appearance and self-serving activities.
- Have a business/strategic plan and constantly review it.
- Keep proper and complete record of transaction.
- Make sure there is a job description and match with the skill set of your staff.
- Set performance milestones and standards against which results can be measured.