A few months ago, I put up an interesting post titled “These Facts May Amuse You.”
It got a lot of people talking and more importantly, more people started sharing other interesting facts.
Now, I’ve decided to write a second part of that article and I’m sure you’d learn a few new things.
These facts may coming in handy at some point so you’d do well to remember as many of them as you can.
Here we go…
- The human face is made up of 14 bones.
- No word in the English language rhymes with the word “month”.(I’ve been trying to find one for days)
Let’s see a few facts about inventions.
- Ballpoint pens were invented by a scientist whowas attempting to reduce the killing of birds for their quills.
- Bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers have ove thing in common-they were all invented by women.(Who says that women are not super-smart?)
If you’ve ever felt left out, you are not alone. Check this out:
- The only bird that cannot fly is the penguin.
Some things are stronger than you think…
- Like ants and termites, honeybees livewith thousands of others in colonies. Honeybee nests are very strong and can last upto 50 years.
You’d like these facts about animals…
- Tortoises have the longest life spanamongst all animals. One tortoise from Seychelles died at the age of 150 in 1918.
- Many primates, including daboons, who spend a lot of time sitting around, have built-in padding on their backsides.
- Sharks can sense their prey, even when there is no blood. A lateral line along their bodies allows them to sense ripples in water. If you are adventurous, please be extra-careful if you ever go sea-swimming or deepsea diving.
- Shark skin is very tough, with teeth like denticles. Therefore, shark skin was once used for smoothing down wood instead of sandpaper.
- The fastest land snakes are the deadly black mambas. Thesspeedy snakes can race along at about 12mph.
- Pigs cannot sweat becausethey don’t have sweat glands. Instead, they roll around in mud to keep themselves cool so the next time you see a pig rolling in mud, don’t cuss, don’t curse, it’s just trying to stay cool.
Can we talk about matters of “National importance”?
- Paraguay and Moldova are the only countries with national flags with different emblems on the obverse and reverse sides
- Mercury is the fastest planet. It zooms around the sun in just 88 days, at an incredible107, 000 mph, faster than any space rocket.
- You will weigh less if you weigh yourself when the moon is full. Try it whenever you can. (You can be sure that there are many women out there who would prefer to have a full moon everyday.)
Feel free to share what you know in the comment box below.
Please share the link with your friends on facebook, twitter and other social media. They’d be glad you did.